You can count on us. We’re there for you seven days a week if your pet has an emergency.
If you believe your animal requires emergency care, call 415.554.3030 to bring your pet to our Pacific Heights Campus, 2343 Fillmore Street (Pets Unlimited Care Center) from 8am – 12am (temporary), seven days a week.
Our Mission Campus Hospital at 201 Alabama Street (Leanne B. Roberts Animal Care Center) also offers daytime emergency service, as well as urgent care appointments. If your pet is having an urgent issue, please call ahead to 415.554.3030 and our team will direct you to our walk-in emergency service or schedule you an urgent care appointment within 48 hours.
Potential Emergencies Include:
- Ingestion of a foreign object (toy, string, bone, etc.)
- Ingestion of poison (bring container or name of chemical ingested)
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty breathing (gasping, noisy respiration, blue tongue, etc.)
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Difficulty standing
- Inability to deliver puppies or kittens
- Hit by car
- Animal bite
If your animal has an emergency:
- Do not try home remedies
- Be careful – animals in pain can bite or scratch
- Get help as quickly as possible