Make a Difference.
At the SF SPCA, we work together to heal, care for, and protect companion animals. Our work is about more than just providing care for animals—it’s about creating a more compassionate, just world for all beings.
What’s the real value of working with us?
Join Our Team
Work in a continuous learning environment with others who share your passion for the human-animal bond.
Discover a wide range of career paths in our busy general-practice hospital; a high-quality, high-volume spay and neuter clinic; community and shelter medicine programs; and our administrative headquarters.
Current Job Openings
Great people. Unique opportunities. Amazing animals. Unforgettable experiences. Come join our team.
- Bring your companion dog to work
- $3,000 annual continuing education credit for DVMs
- Commuter benefits and FREE on-site parking
- Nonprofit loan-forgiveness programs
- Organization-funded, direct-to-principal student-debt payments
- Seven paid holidays and two floating holidays
- Employee discounts on veterinary care, prescriptions, and retail supplies
- 401k plus company matching up to 6%
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision programs
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- PTO accrual, bereavement (including companion-animal leave)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The San Francisco SPCA is creating a more inclusive, equitable future for people and animals. We know change requires action, and we’re committed to advancing socioeconomic justice and anti-racism through our work and within our workplace. Our mission to increase access to care for all companion animals helps dismantle the barriers to the human-animal bond.