As the largest animal welfare organization on the West Coast, the San Francisco SPCA relies on the assistance of caring, hardworking volunteers in all our programs.
Every day at the SF SPCA more than 1,200 volunteers make an enormous difference in our lifesaving capacity and enhancing the human-animal bond within our community.
- Brighten and improve the lives of thousands of animals and people
- Receive extensive training, guidance, and support
- Develop animal handling skills and an understanding of animal body language and behavior
- Gain valuable work experience
- Connect with people who share similar values and interests
Due to Covid-19, our volunteer program is functioning at a limited capacity and we have temporarily suspended Volunteer Information Sessions and onboarding. * If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we look forward to meeting you once things have opened up again. We will keep this page updated. Please continue to check back with us.
* The Community Cats Program, which does Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) of Feral and Free Roaming Cats is currently onboarding. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a TNR volunteer, visit our Community Cats page.