This summer, the San Francisco SPCA will offer a whole lineup of Summer Animal Camps for kids interested in learning more about animals and the animal welfare community. What better way to spend the summer than making new friends, learning together, playing games and hanging out with amazing animals who need your help?
Summer Animal Camps teach kids how to train and care for animals, be responsible pet guardians, align their choices with their values and make our community a safer place for all animals. Campers have hands-on learning opportunities with a variety of animals. And kids aren’t the only ones who have fun; our shelter animals receive much-needed attention and TLC.
- Weekly sessions are available for children who will enter grades one through eight in the fall.
- Camp sessions run Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- The fee for each camp session is $425.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM for a flat fee of $75 per child.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants. Please note that each child is eligible to receive financial aid for one session of camp per summer. The deadline for financial aid requests is May 1.
- Campers receive a take-home keepsake, daily afternoon snack and t-shirt.
- We are unable to accommodate children with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
- Please review the Summer Animal Camp FAQ. for more information.
How to Register
- Please click on your preferred session below to register.
- Register based on the grade in which your child will enter in the fall.
- Pre-registration and payment are required, as space is limited.
- Register each child separately.
- Please read our cancellation and refund policy.
- A $25 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations or changes.
- If you would like to be added to the wait list for a camp session that is full, scroll to the bottom of that camp page and click on the "Wait List Request Form" link.
Summer Animal Camp Schedule
Please Note: Registration begins on Monday, February 2nd at 6 a.m.