Registration for Summer Animal Camps 2017 will open Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017.
This summer, the San Francisco SPCA will offer a whole lineup of Summer Animal Camps for kids interested in learning more about animals and the animal welfare community. What better way to spend the summer than making new friends, learning together, playing games and hanging out with amazing animals?
Summer Animal Camps teach kids how to train and care for animals, be responsible pet guardians, align their choices with their values and make our community a safer place for all animals. Campers have hands-on learning opportunities with a variety of animals. And kids aren’t the only ones who have fun; our shelter animals receive some much-needed TLC.
- Weekly sessions from May 30th - August 18th are available for children who will enter grades one through eight in the fall 2017.
- Camp sessions run Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- The fee for each camp session is $425.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM for a flat fee of $75 per child.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants. Please note that each child is eligible to receive financial aid for one session of camp per summer. The deadline for financial aid requests is May 1.
- Campers receive a take-home keepsake and t-shirt.
- We are unable to accommodate children with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
- Camp takes place at our Mission Campus, at 243 Alabama St.
- Animal Time- Kids spend up to 2 hours per day interacting (through watching, feeding, holding, or petting) with the animals here at the SF SPCA. We strive to make the most possible animal interaction time for both campers and animals, but due to animal's want and needs, we can only accomodate 2 hours of animal time per day.
Cancelations and Refunds
Because our staff is working around the clock to ensure your child has the absolute best time possible at camp, we have a strict refund policy once camp begins.
- We cannot make any switches, instead you will need to register for another session and cancel (less the administrative fee) your initial session.
- March 14th - April 30th a $25 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations.
- After May 1st a $50 administrative fee will be charged to any cancellations.
- Within 1 week of the start of the program, there will be NO REFUNDS for any cancellations or changes (extended care included).
Summer Animal Camp Schedule
Please Note: Registration begins on Tuesday, March 14th at 9am - registration links will be at the bottom of this page.
Here is a glimpse of a sample daily schedule, divided by age group. NOTE: this is a sample, not an actual day from this upcoming summer (we like to keep it a surprise for our campers!). All groups will see all animals- just on different days.
Registration links will appear below, and will be active on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017. Please pick the age group of your child (note multiple children will have to have separate registrations).