The San Francisco SPCA Spay-Neuter Clinic offers competitively priced spay-neuter for public clients, in addition to providing:
- Free and discounted surgeries for low-income SF residents
- Free spay/neuter for all San Francisco community/free roaming cats
Our highly skilled and experienced surgical team spays and neuters thousands of cats and dogs yearly. We offer the highest level of knowledge and advice for pre and post-surgical care including:
- Pain management during and after surgery
- Follow-up care in the event of complications
- Optional services and products such as nail trims, microchipping and flea preventive.
When you use our clinic, you help make possible the spaying and neutering of thousands of homeless animals each year.
Why You Should Spay/Neuter Your Animal
Spay/neuter surgery helps reduce the number of stray and unwanted animals. Through spay/neuter, the SF SPCA has played a major role in decreasing the number of cats and dogs in San Francisco shelters. Even without its contribution to controlling animal overpopulation, there are compelling reasons to embrace spay/neuter.
- Improve health—Spaying at an early age prevents diseases of the ovaries and infections of the uterus, which are a major cause of illness in unspayed pets. Neutered dogs have fewer prostate problems and no testicular cancer.
- Prevent unwanted behaviors—Spay/neuter surgeries help prevent aggressive behavior towards other animals, roaming in search of mates, urine marking in dogs and spraying in cats.