Building the next generation of confident, well-adjusted cats!
Dogs aren’t the only ones who need early socialization and training. Kittens also benefit from early exposure to new experiences, which help them become confident, well-adjusted adult cats.
Kitten Kindergarten includes:
- Kitten socialization (playtime!)
- Clicker training
- Carrier desensitization and vet visit practice
- Leash and harness training
- Exposure to new people, smells, sights, and sounds
- Important education about litter box management, scratching options, enrichment, and more
- Plenty of Q&A opportunities with members of the SF SPCA cat team!
(If your kitten is too old for Kitten K, or is on the shyer side, we welcome auditors (human-only attendees) at an affordable rate! Contact us at (415) 522-3509 if you'd like to join us as an observer.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 3 weeks
Course prerequisites: Kittens must be 16 weeks of age or under on the first day of class, and have had at least 2 in their series of vaccinations, have been dewormed, and tested negative for FELV. Cats should be comfortable with gentle handling from a friendly stranger. Very shy or undersocialized kittens will not be a good fit for this class.
Location: SF SPCA Mission Campus
Class includes: Handbook, clicker, homework, and certificate of completion
Class capacity: 6 kittens. At least one adult human per kitten must attend, and we ask for a maximum of two humans per kitten.
- Mondays, July 31 - August 14, 6:30 - 7:30 pm - Mission Campus: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Tuesdays, August 1 - August 15, 6:30 - 7:30 pm - Mission Campus: Register now.
- Thursdays, August 24 - September 7, 6:30 - 7:30 pm - Pacific Heights Campus: Register now.