This highly informative humans-only seminar is essential for anyone who is a puppy parent or is thinking about adding a puppy to their life. No pre-registration is required for this class! You may just show up, as we have plenty of space available.
Discussion topics include:
- New puppy management in the home
- Setting up for success in housetraining
- Crate training
- Puppy playdates–the importance of early socialization
- Controlling biting and mouthing, and more!
If you are interested in adopting a puppy from the SF SPCA, you will receive 50% off your adoption fee if you attend a Puppy Parent Orientation first!
Please Note: This humans-only class provides a brief introduction to many topics important to the new puppy parent. For a complete puppy training class with more in-depth problem-solving and socialization time with your puppy, please register for our hands-on Puppy Manners 1 classes!
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour
Fee: FREE, although donations are always greatly appreciated
Location: Offered at multiple locations on the Mission Campus, or once monthly at the Pacific Heights campus at 2343 Fillmore Street
Class includes: Lecture only; relevant handouts provided upon request. Please leave your dog at home.
Class capacity: 50
- Wednesday, August 15, 5:00 - 6:00 pm - Training Annex, 251 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Saturday, August 18, 10:00 - 11:00 am - Adoption Center, 2343 Fillmore Street, Pacific Heights Campus
- Tuesday, August 28, 6:15 - 7:15 pm - Training Annex, 251 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Thursday, September 13, 6:15 - 7:15 pm - Training Annex, 251 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Wednesday, September 26, 5:00 - 6:00 pm - Training Annex, 251 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Sunday, September 30, 10:00 - 11:00 am - Training Annex, 251 Alabama Street, Mission Campus