This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $175)
Class capacity: 8-10
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP (aka DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners or Just the Basics classes.
- Saturdays, February 21 - April 4 (skips March 14), 11:00 am - 12:00 pm in the Training Annex with Kimberlee This class is now full.
- Tuesdays, March 10 - April 14, 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room with Kimberlee This class is now full.
- Mondays, March 16 - April 20, 3:45 - 4:45 pm in the Training Annex with Kimberlee
- Wednesdays, March 25 - April 29, 6:15 - 7:15 pm in the Training Annex with Brenda
- Wednesdays, April 1 - May 6, 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room with Kimberlee
Click on a class above to register.
Classes full or want some additional practice? Consider attending our Puppy Enrichment Hour or Puppy Playgroup! These unique drop-in classes gives your puppy socialization time and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above links for details.