This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (1st class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for people only)
Fee: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $175)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP (aka DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners or Just the Basics classes.
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10
- Saturdays, October 1- November 5, 2:00 - 3:00 pm with Alisha: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Wednesdays, October 12 - November 16, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Alisha: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Saturdays, October 22- December 3 (skips November 26), 3:30 - 4:30 pm with Alisha: Register now, 4 seats remaining.
- Fridays, October 28 - December 9 (skips November 25), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Alisha: Register now.
- Saturdays, November 5 - December 17 (skips November 26), 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Nicole: Register now.
- Sundays, November 6 - December 18 (skips November 27), 10:00 - 11:00 am with Maureen: Register now.
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending our Puppy Playgroup! These unique drop-in sessions give your puppy socialization time and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.