This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Fee: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $175)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP (aka DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners or Just the Basics classes.
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10
- Wednesdays, July 8 - August 12, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Kimberlee
- Sundays, July 12 - August 23 (skips July 26), 10:30 - 11:30 am with Lilly
- Saturdays, July 25 - September 5 (skips August 29), 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Erika
- Sundays, August 2 - September 13 (skips September 6), 1:15 - 2:15 pm with Michelle
- Wednesdays, August 12 - September 16, 5:00 - 6:00 pm with Kimberlee
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending our Puppy Enrichment Hour or Puppy Playgroup! These unique drop-in classes gives your puppy socialization time and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above links for details.