This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (1st class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for people only)
Fee: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $175)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP (aka DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners or Just the Basics classes.
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10
- Tuesdays, July 26 - August 30, 5:00 - 6:00 pm with Kimberlee: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Tuesdays, August 2 - September 13 (skips September 6), 1:00 - 2:00 pm with Kimberlee: Register now.
- Saturdays, August 20 - September 24, 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Erika: Register now, 1 seat remaining.
- Tuesdays, August 23 - October 4 (skips September 6), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Michelle: Register now.
- Wednesdays, August 31 - October 5, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Kimberlee and Alisha: Register now.
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending our Puppy Playgroup! These unique drop-in sessions give your puppy socialization time and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.