Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dogs at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only obedience class, Just the Small Basics.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Class capacity: 8-10 students
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners class.) You are highly encouraged to attend our free seminar, New Dog 101, prior to this class.
Upcoming classes: click on a class link to register!
- Mondays, March 23 - April 20, 7:30 - 8:30 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room with Althea
- Thursdays, March 26 - April 30 (skips April 16), 7:45 - 8:45 pm in the Training Annex with Kimberlee
- Mondays, April 6 - May 4, 6:15 - 7:15 pm in the Training Annex with Shoshi
- Tuesdays, April 21 - May 19, 3:45 - 4:45 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room with Kimberlee
- Sundays, April 26 - May 24, 1:30 - 2:30 pm in the Training Annex with Jeff