Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only obedience class, Just the Small Basics.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners class.) You are highly encouraged to attend our free seminar, New Dog 101, prior to this class.
Location: Most classes take place at 243 Alabama Street
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10 students
- Tuesdays, December 1 - January 12 (skips Dec. 22 & Dec. 29), 1:00 - 2:00 pm with Kimberlee: Register now, 4 seats remaining.
- Thursdays, December 3 - January 14 (skips Dec. 24 & Dec. 31), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Kimberlee: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Sundays, December 13 - January 17 (skips Dec. 27), 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Lilly: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Mondays, January 4 - February 1, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Shoshi: Register now.
- Sundays, January 10 - February 7, 2:45 - 3:45 pm with Jeff: Register now.