If you’re in grades 6-12, join us behind the scenes at our animal shelter to help care for San Francisco SPCA animals, learn more about responsible pet guardianship and experience the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
Community Service Saturday fulfills school or club community service requirements. Volunteers assist employees with feeding animals, cleaning their habitats and other daily duties at the shelter.
- The program fee is $50 per volunteer.
- Programs are held on select Saturdays from 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Drop-off and pick-up volunteers at the Humane Education entrance on 243 Alabama Street. Please arrive on time.
- Appropriate attire for Community Service Saturday includes pants, a t-shirt and closed-toe shoes with rubber soles.
- All participants should bring a lunch.
Volunteers must be able to participate in all of the day’s activities. The program is not appropriate for youth with severe animal allergies. Staffing limitations restrict our ability to accommodate individuals with special needs. In addition, volunteers must:
- Be in grades 6-12
- Arrive on time
- Volunteer for the entire shift
- Demonstrate eagerness to help with animal shelter tasks
- Respect the animals
- Follow instructions
How to Register
- Click on your preferred session(s) below to register.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants.
- Please read our cancellation and refund policy.
- If your preferred program is full, please email us a Wait List Request Form. (Please Note: We are unable to accommodate financial aid requests from the wait list.)
PLEASE CHECK BACK ON MONDAY, AUGUST 3RD FOR FALL 2015 DATES.