If you’re in grades 6-12, join us at the SFSPCA for an active day of service in order to help us go above and beyond in enriching the animals’ lives while at the shelter! While our animals receive the best care, we are always looking for those who can help us “spice it up” for our animals while they await their fur-ever home. Volunteers may devise and create a variety of enrichment toys, adoption promotion materials, and participate in keeping the shelter grounds and animal habitats fresh and clean (not to mention get some hands-on socialization time). Join us for a great learning opportunity that comes with the satisfaction of helping others!
Community Service Days fulfill school or club community service requirements. Volunteers assist employees with a variety of tasks, such as shelter beautification, animal socialization, and toy-making for the animals!
- The program fee : $55 per day.
- Availability: September- April.
- Programs are held on select Saturdays and Sundays from 10am - 2:30pm. Please arrive on time!
- Guardians can drop-off and pick-up volunteers at the Humane Education entrance located at 243 Alabama Street for Saturday program, and at 2434 Fillmore St on Sundays.
- Appropriate attire for both variations of Community Service Days include long pants, t-shirt, and closed-toed shoes with rubber soles.
- All participants will need to bring a lunch.
Volunteers must be able to participate in all of the day’s activities in order to receive community service credit. The programs is not appropriate for youth with sever animal allergies. Staffing limitations restrict our ability to accommodate individuals with special needs. In addition, volunteers must:
- Be in grades 6-12
- Arrive on time
- Volunteer for the entire shift
- Demonstrate eagerness to help with all animal shelter tasks
- Show respect to all animals (including the humans too!)
- Follow instructions
There are no sections scheduled at this time. We post sections regularly, so please check again soon!
Did you mean to register for a standard spot (non-financial aid), click here!