At the San Francisco SPCA, children can have great birthday parties and help animals at the same time. This is an opportunity for kids and their friends to interact with adorable animals, learn about responsible pet care and discover ways they can contribute to the SF SPCA’s life-saving work! Join us for an animal interaction, a gift for the birthday boy or girl and fun animal-related activities! Each guest also receives a special craft keepsake to take home.
- Parties are available on select Saturdays from 12:00 - 3:00 PM.
- Parties must be scheduled in advance on available dates (below).
- We are unable to offer birthday parties between June - August.
- Parties are for ages five and up.
- Maximum size is 15 children, including the birthday boy or girl.
- The program fee is $300 and payment is required up front to secure your preferred party date. $75 of the program fee is a nonrefundable deposit.
- Birthday parties include a take-home craft activity, games and a hands-on animal interaction. For the final hour of the party, families are welcome to use the Humane Education classroom to serve cake, snacks, drinks, open gifts, and host other party-related activities.
- Decorations, tablecloths and party hats are provided.
- Because we are unable to guarantee that puppies will be available, birthday parties include interaction with cats and kittens. If puppies or other small animals are available, we will offer those animals as an alternative interaction.
- We cannot accommodate children with severe allergies to animals.
We will begin accepting Spring 2015 Benefit Birthday Party requests on Monday, December 1st at 6:00am
- Saturday, January 24 RESERVED
- Saturday, January 31 RESERVED
- Saturday, February 7 RESERVED
- Saturday, February 28 RESERVED
- Saturday, March 14 RESERVED
- Saturday, March 21 RESERVED
- Saturday, April 18 RESERVED
- Saturday, May 2 RESERVED
How to Request a Benefit Birthday Party
All participants must arrive with a completed Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk: One-Time Humane Education form. Any participants who do not submit a form prior to the program will not be able to interact with animals during the program.