The San Francisco SPCA Humane Education Department offers tours for youth in grades K-12. Fun and educational, tours provide the opportunity for youth to see lots of adoptable dogs and cats and learn about our programs and services.
- Tours are available during the school year from September through mid-May.
- Tours may be scheduled on Fridays from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Tour arrangements must be made at least one month in advance.
- Tours last approximately one hour and include an overview of the SF SPCA, our programs and services and a guided walk through our Mission Adoption Center. Additional topics are available upon request.
- There is a fee of $3 per student. Title I schools are eligible for free tours. Additional donations are encouraged and appreciated!
- Groups must have at least one adult for every ten children. Accompanying adults are asked to help with class management throughout the tour.
- Youth with severe allergies to animals should not attend.
How to Request a Tour
Email the following information:
- At least three preferred Friday dates (one month's notice required)
- Preferred time of day for tour
- Grade of youth
- Number of youth
- Teacher's name, phone and email address
- Name and address of school
- We would love to design a tour that meets your needs. Please share with us additional information, such as what your class is studying or the reason for your tour request.