Preschool Story Time is a program for children ages three to five. During the program, San Francisco SPCA Humane Educators read an animal-themed children's book with a humane message. Readings are followed by a craft or activity and an animal interaction.
We've combined reading, creativity and animals for a fun-filled program that Bay Area youngsters are sure to enjoy. This program encourages preschool-age children to foster kindness and respect for animals.
- Preschool Story Time can be scheduled during the school year from September through April.
- Preschool Story Time must be scheduled at least one month in advance.
- The program lasts approximately one hour and activities may include: take-home crafts, holiday-themed art projects, making animal treats, feeding shelter animals, animal interactions and more!
- This program is designed for children ages three to five.
- Guests are encouraged to donate an item from our Wish List to help the animals.
- We are unable to accommodate youth with severe allergies to animals.
- Groups must have at least one adult for every three children. Accompanying adults are asked to help with group management throughout the program.
- If your group has more than 15 youngsters, please plan on scheduling multiple visits.
How to Request Preschool Story Time
Email the following information:
- At least three preferred dates (one month's notice required)
- Preferred time of day for program
- Teacher's name, phone and email address
- Name and address of school/group
- Number of youth
- Number of adult chaperones
- We would love to design a program that meets your needs. Please share with us additional information, such as what your class is studying or the reason for your program request.
All participants must arrive with a completed Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk: One-Time Humane Education form. Any participants who do not submit a form prior to the program will not be able to interact with animals during the program.