To apply for financial aid for this program, click here!
The San Francisco SPCA offers school break and holiday animal camps with program schedules that match the San Francisco Unified District calendar and those of several San Francisco private and charter schools.
At animal camp, students learn how to train and care for animals, be responsible pet guardians and make their community a safer place for all animals. Animal camps are fun for students and our shelter animals love the attention and TLC!
- All camps take place at our Mission Campus at 243 Alabama
- School break and holiday animal camps are offered to youth in 1st-5th grade.
- Students will be divided into groups based on grade. If enrollment is low, students may be in one large group.
Please Note: We must have at least 10 registrations the week before the camp session start date in order to host camp. If we do not have ten registrations by the week before, you will be notified and receive a full-refund.
- Camp sessions run from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. (We do not offer extended care for school break camps)
- Tuition for day camps is $90.00.
- All animal camps include animal care and behavior learning activities, team projects, games, crafts and hands-on interactions with animals such as dogs, cats, and small animals.
- We are unable to accommodate youth with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
- We can provide refunds (less a $25 administrative fee) up to a week before the program starts. We are unfortunately unable to provide refunds closer to the program than 1 week.
Here is a glimpse of a sample schedule. NOTE: this is a sample, not an actual day from upcoming camps (we like to keep it a surprise for our campers!).
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Camp- 1/21/19 [Minimum Enrollment Not Yet Reached]: Register now.
- President's Day Camp- 2/18/19 [Minimum Enrollment Not Yet Reached]: Register now.
- Spring Break Day Camp '19 #1- 3/29/19 ONLY [Minimum Enrollment Not Yet Reached]: Register now.
- Spring Break Day Camp '19 #2- 4/19/19 ONLY [Minimum Enrollment Not Yet Reached]: Register now.