To apply for financial aid for this program, click here !
The San Francisco SPCA offers school break and holiday animal camps with program schedules that match the San Francisco Unified District calendar and those of several San Francisco private and charter schools.
At animal camp, students learn how to train and care for animals, be responsible pet guardians and make their community a safer place for all animals. Animal camps are fun for students and our shelter animals love the attention and TLC!
- All camps take place at our Mission Campus at 243 Alabama St unless designated "Pacific Heights Campus" - those will take place at 2343 Fillmore St.
- School break and holiday animal camps are offered to youth in 1st-5th grade.
- Students will be divided into two groups based on grade. If enrollment is low, students may be in one large group.
- Camp sessions run from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. (We do not offer extended care for school break camps)
- Tuition for week-long camps is $440, unfortunately, we cannot offer single-day options.
- All animal camps include animal care and behavior learning activities, team projects, games, crafts and hands-on interactions with animals such as dogs, cats, and small animals.
- We are unable to accommodate youth with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
- Occasionally, on rainy days, during lunch we offer a choice of free-play or watch a G-rated, humane-themed movie.
- We can provide refunds (less a $25 administrative fee) up to a week before the program starts. We are unfortunately unable to provide refunds closer to the program than 1 week.
Here is a glimpse of a sample schedule. NOTE: this is a sample, not an actual day from upcoming camps (we like to keep it a surprise for our campers!).
There are no sections scheduled at this time. We post sections regularly, so please check again soon!