The San Francisco SPCA spays and neuters San Francisco's community cats for free. Spay-neuter, along with consistent monitoring, easily and effectively controls the community cat population. It also eliminates behaviors associated with mating such as yowling and fighting. We also vaccinate community cats before returning them to their outdoor homes.
We offer advice and assistance in managing community cat colonies. Just give us a call or email us . Whether you are an experienced advocate or need assistance trapping, we can help.
You can also volunteer for our Community Cat Program. Our volunteers:
- Assist in the office with paperwork, intake and phone calls.
- Train and educate the community on trap-neuter-return (TNR)
- Provide trapping assistance in their neighborhoods and much more
To get involved, visit our Volunteer Services page .
More Information About Community Cats
All files are Adobe PDFs.
- Deterring Cats from Your Yard 
- What is Trap-Neuter-Return? 
- Trapping 101 - The Basics 
- Post-Spay/Neuter Surgery Care for Community Cats 
- Conflicts with Neighbors