This highly informative 1-hour session is essential for anyone who is a puppy parent or is thinking about adding a puppy to their life. No pre-registration is required for this class. You may just show up as we have plenty of space available.
Discussion topics include:
- New puppy management in the home
- Setting up for success in housetraining
- Crate training: Your most valuable tool
- Puppy playdates–the importance of early socialization
- Controlling biting and mouthing, and more!
If you are interested in adopting a puppy from the SF SPCA, you will receive 50% off your adoption fee if you attend a Puppy Parent Orientation first!
Please Note: This humans-only class provides a brief introduction to many topics important to the new puppy parent. For a more thorough overview of concepts, problem-solving tips, and socialization time with your puppy, register for our in-depth Manners classes!
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour
Class includes: Lecture only; relevant handouts provided upon request. Please leave your dog at home.
Fees: FREE, although donations are always greatly appreciated
Class capacity: 50
Location: Mission Campus, 243 Alabama Street, or our new Pacific Heights Campus, at 2343 Fillmore Street!
- Saturday, May 23, 12:00 pm - Conference Room, 2343 Fillmore Street, Pacific Heights Campus
- Tuesday, May 26, 6:15 pm - Training Annex, next door to 243 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Sunday, June 7, 2:30 pm - Multi-Purpose Room, 243 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Tuesday, June 9, 5:00 pm - Training Annex, next door to 243 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Saturday, June 13, 12:00 pm - Conference Room, 2343 Fillmore Street, Pacific Heights Campus