Just the Basics 
Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dogs at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only obedience class, Just the Small Basics .)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Class capacity: 8-10 students
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners  class.) You are highly encouraged to attend our free seminar, New Dog 101,  prior to this class.
Upcoming classes: click on a class link to register!
- Tuesdays, April 21 - May 19, 3:45 - 4:45 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room with Kimberlee 
- Sundays, April 26 - May 24, 1:30 - 2:30 pm in the Training Annex with Jeff This class is now full.
- Mondays, May 4 - June 8 (skips May 25), 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the Training Annex with Kimberlee 
- Mondays, May 11 - June 15 (skips May 25), 6:15 - 7:15 pm in the Training Annex with Shoshi 
- Thursdays, May 28 - June 25, 7:45 - 8:45 pm in the Training Annex with Kimberlee