Free Spay/Neuter for San Francisco Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes at the SF SPCA
Did you know that over 60% of the dogs euthanized in the City of San Francisco are at least part pit bull? As part of an awareness campaign and in an effort to encourage San Francisco residents to spay or neuter their unfixed pits, the SF SPCA is offering FREE spay and neuter surgeries for pit bulls and pit mixes. Please call us at 415-554-3030 to schedule an appointment.
Top reasons to spay or neuter your dog:
- May increase life expectancy by 1 to 3 years by greatly reducing the risk of cancer
- Curbs the urge to roam, thereby decreasing the risk of contracting diseases or getting hit by a car
- Helps reduce companion animal overpopulation
- San Francisco law requires all pit bull-type dogs to be spayed/neutered
Call us today at 415.554.3030 to schedule an appointment.
We are committed to working toward ending cat and dog overpopulation in our community and beyond. Your support would be greatly appreciated. Please make a donation to help us fund this initiative.
Click here to see our regular rates for spay/neuter surgeries.
The following terms and conditions apply to this spay/neuter offer:
- This offer is available to City and County of San Francisco individual residents only.
- Spay/neuter of pit bulls and pit mixes only. The SF SPCA has sole discretion in determining whether or not any particular dog meets the breed requirement. No other animals qualify for this limited offer. The SF SPCA only performs spay/neuter surgery on healthy animals under seven years old.
- The SF SPCA has a limited number of free spay/neuter appointments available each month. Spay/neuter appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Once all appointments are filled, no additional free spay/neuter appointments will be available.
- Spay/neuter appointment cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled spay/neuter appointment by calling the SF SPCA at 415.554.3030. If you cancel a scheduled spay/neuter appointment, then you will not be permitted to schedule another free spay/neuter appointment for one month. If the SF SPCA does not receive at least 48 hours advance notice of appointment cancellation, then you will be charged a $28.50 cancellation fee, which must be paid before the SF SPCA will provide any services to your pet.
- If the doctor recommends necessary additional medical services (such as hernia repair or easy dental extractions) or if you request elective services (such as flea control and prevention products or micro-chipping), then you will be charged for any and all additional services according to SF SPCA regular service rates.
- The SF SPCA reserves the right to refuse to spay/neuter any dog for any reason. The doctor may decide to postpone surgery if your pet has any condition that may complicate surgery. These issues will be discussed during the check-in exam.
- The SF SPCA recommends that your pet be fully vaccinated prior to surgery. If your dog is unvaccinated at the time of surgery, you solely will be liable for any surgery-related infection.