This highly informative humans-only session is essential for anyone who is a puppy parent or is thinking about adding a puppy to their life. No pre-registration is required for this class. You may just show up as we have plenty of space available.
Discussion topics include:
- New puppy management in the home
- Setting up for success in housetraining
- Crate training: Your most valuable tool
- Puppy playdates–the importance of early socialization
- Controlling biting and mouthing, and more!
If you are interested in adopting a puppy from the SF SPCA, you will receive 50% off your adoption fee if you attend a Puppy Parent Orientation first!
Please Note: This humans-only class provides a brief introduction to many topics important to the new puppy parent. For a complete puppy training class with more in-depth problem-solving and socialization time with your puppy, please register for our hands-on Puppy Manners classes!
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour
Fee: FREE, although donations are always greatly appreciated
Location: Mission Campus, 243 Alabama Street, or our new Pacific Heights Campus, at 2343 Fillmore Street!
Class includes: Lecture only; relevant handouts provided upon request. Please leave your dog at home.
Class capacity: 50
- Saturday, February 13, 10:00 - 11:00 am - Multi-Purpose Room, 243 Alabama Street
- Saturday, February 13, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Conference Room, 2343 Fillmore Street, Pacific Heights Campus
- Wednesday, February 17, 5:00 - 6:00 pm - Training Annex, next door to 243 Alabama Street
- Sunday, February 28, 1:30 - 2:30 pm - Training Annex, next door to 243 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Thursday, March 3, 6:15 - 7:15 pm - Training Annex, next door to 243 Alabama Street, Mission Campus
- Saturday, March 12, 12:00 - 1:00 pm - Conference Room, 2343 Fillmore Street, Pacific Heights Campus