The SF SPCA occassionally offers one-time workshops and skill building sessions. These are a great opportunity to brush up on a certain training topic, or have fun for an hour or two with your dog! See below for upcoming programs.
If you consider your dog a recall rockstar but know there's always room for improvement, join Alisha for this specialty, advanced-level, 2-hour workshop that will work on proofing recalls despite the most tempting distractions, and installing the all-important emergency recall.
For dogs over 6 months of age who have completed a basic-level training course and who reliably come when called most of the time already. Reactive dogs or dogs with any aggression to humans or other dogs will not be a good fit. Dogs should be able to focus on their handlers in the presence of humans and other dogs.
Price: $45 per dog
- Advanced Recall Techniques - Saturday, December 1, 3:30 - 5:30 pm with Alisha: Register now, 3 seats remaining.
Have fun working with your dog on calm behaviors and alternatives to jumping up in this one-hour workshop! We'll work on rewarding your dog for keeping 4 paws on the floor, keeping calm sits and downs with distractions and settling on a mat. Being calm doesn't have to be boring- we'll work on alternating calm with fun and teach your dog that staying cool = access to food, play and your attention.
For dogs over 5 months of age who have completed a Level 1 class and need a little extra help focusing their bouncy joy for life. Reactive dogs or dogs with any aggression to humans or other dogs, including barking, growling, lunging, snapping or biting are not a good fit.
Price: $35 per dog
- Cool, Calm & Collected - Monday, December 3, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Althea: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Cool, Calm & Collected - Monday, December 3, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Althea: Register now, 1 seat remaining.
- Cool, Calm & Collected - Monday, December 10, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Althea: Register now, 4 seats remaining.
- Cool, Calm & Collected - Monday, December 10, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Althea: Register now, 4 seats remaining.
Come see what the sport of Agility is all about in our fun 1.5 hour session - open to beginners! Come have fun and work off some of your dog's energy with exciting practice on wobble boards, tunnels, jumps, A-frames, and more! This is a great option for folks who can't commit to a full 6-week Agility class, or just want to have fun with their dog for a few hours.
Dogs must have a solid "Stay" and recall, and the ability to work calmly around other dogs and people. Open to dogs over 8 months of age.
Price: $45 per dog
- Agility for Fun - Tuesday, December 18, 6:30 - 8:00 pm with Stacey: Register now.
Toy play, food play, social play with the handler! Join us for a 1 hour workshop all about playing with your dog.
Sometimes we get so structured in our training that we feel pressure and put pressure on ourselves and our dogs. Let’s loosen up and get silly in this one hour play workshop, designed to bring you and your dog closer and fine tune your play skills! We will focus on reading our dogs, learning their preferences, and making our training much more fun as we learn how to play. We will add structure to play and make it a valuable thing that our dogs can work for. We will learn to relax and be attractive play partners to our dog so we can bring out their very best selves.
Dogs of any age are welcome. Dogs should be able to work comfortably on leash in the presence of other dogs and strangers.
Price: $35 per dog
- Play Workshop - Saturday, Dec. 22, 10:00 - 11:00 am with Erika: Register now, 4 seats remaining.