One thing most pet owners have in common: some day, their beloved animal companions will become seniors. The SF SPCA is pleased to be able to present a special seminar to help pet owners and pet care professionals create an environment for senior pets that minimizes their risk of injury and illness, maximizes their health and comfort, and increases the quality of their lives and ours.
- What it means to be "old" in pet years
- Common signs and symptoms of aging
- Common health problems of elderly pets
- Behavior and mental health changes
- Activity, weight, and diet challenges
- Hospice and End of Life decisions
- Nose to tail "Petting with purpose"
- Changes we can make in our older pet's environment, diet, mental and physical health
Please note - this is a humans-only class.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Fee: $59 per person
Location: 243 Alabama Street, San Francisco, CA
Class includes: Lecture, Handouts
Instructor: Meg Davies, RVT
- Sunday, December 2, 2:00 - 4:30 pm: Register now.