This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (Week 1 of class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for humans only)
Fee: $200 per dog (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $180)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first two DA2PP (aka DHLPP or DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners 1 or Adult Manners 1 classes.
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 puppies
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Wednesdays, November 28 - January 9 (skips Dec. 26), 5:00 - 6:00 pm with Emily: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Wednesdays, November 28 - January 9 (skips Dec. 26), 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Shoshi: Section is full, only 3 wait list seats remaining.
- Thursdays, November 29 - January 10 (skips Dec. 27), 1:30 - 2:30 pm with Kimberlee: Register now.
- Sundays, December 2 - January 13 (skips Dec. 30), 10:00 - 11:00 am with Lilly: Register now, 1 seat remaining.
- Thursdays, December 13 - January 17 (skips Dec. 27), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Kimberlee: Register now.
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending Puppy Playgroup! These one-time playgroups offer valuable socialization and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.