This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (Week 1 of class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for humans only)
Fee: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $175)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first two DA2PP (aka DHLPP or DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners 1 or Adult Manners 1 classes.
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Sundays, April 29 - June 10 (skips May 27), 1:15 - 2:15 pm with Michelle: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Thursdays, May 3 - June 14 (skips May 31), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Kimberlee: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Mondays, May 14 - June 25 (skips May 28), 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Steph: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Tuesdays, May 15 - June 19, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Nicole: Register now.
- Wednesdays, May 16 - June 20, 1:30 - 2:30 pm with Kimberlee: Register now.
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending Puppy Playgroup! These one-time playgroups offer valuable socialization and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.