Puppy Playgroup is a great opportunity for your pup to learn social skills with other puppies in a safe and supervised environment. Trainers narrate play and combine puppies who are compatible playmates, monitoring carefully to make sure puppies are learning and having good experiences.
Periods of play alternate with breaks, where we'll work on building your puppy's focus on you in the face of distractions (such as seeing other dogs playing). This results in a well-mannered adult dog less prone to behavior issues, and helps your pup learn self-control.
Puppy Playgroup spots are available by pre-registration. Please register using the links below for future playgroup dates.
Please arrive at Playgroup about 5-10 minutes prior to start time, with your puppy, and bring his/her vaccination records and some high-value treats.
Upon check-in, all puppy owners will sign a liability waiver acknowledging the potential risks associated with off-leash dog play, and accepting full responsibility for any injury to their own puppy or self.
Frequency & Duration: Every Wednesday and Saturday, with few exceptions. See below for dates and times.
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 18 weeks of age and have received their first two DHLPP (aka DHP) vaccinations. (Is your pup over 18 weeks? Check out Adolescent Playgroup!) Proof of vaccination status is required at check-in! We recommend keeping copies in your car, or taking pictures of all vaccination records with your smartphone so they're always with you. Please bring a 4-6 foot leash; a flat collar; and lots of motivating training treats for your pup!
Class capacity: 15 puppies maximum. We ask that, if possible, no more than two humans attend per puppy - this includes kids. Thank you!
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus - Multi-Purpose Room or Training Loft
- Wednesday, June 28, 7:30 - 8:30 pm: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Saturday, July 1, 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Register now, 2 seats remaining.
- Wednesday, July 5, 7:30 - 8:30 pm: Register now.
- Saturday, July 8, 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Register now.
- Wednesday, July 12, 7:30 - 8:30 pm: Register now.
- Saturday, July 15, 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Register now.
- Wednesday, July 19, 7:30 - 8:30 pm: Register now.
- Saturday, July 22, 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Register now.
- Wednesday, July 26, 7:30 - 8:30 pm: Register now.
- Saturday, July 29, 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Register now.