Needing some one-on-one help?
Struggling with an issue not covered in our group dog training classes?
Want a little extra time to practice with a professional?
We offer private dog training sessions here at the SF SPCA! Click here to fill out our Private Training Questionnaire and get started.
Some ways that private training may help you:
- If you're struggling with issues such as jumpiness, mouthiness, door dashing, pulling on leash, barking, stealing items etc.
- If you'd like to learn how to work on recall
- If you want to learn how to teach your dog to do something
- If you want to learn how to help your dog build positive associations to things like bikes, skateboards, joggers, etc.
- ...and much more!
Issues that are not handled by our private training services include:
- Human-directed aggression with a bite history
- Off-leash aggression toward other dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- Severe fear and anxiety
For issues such as these, we recommend that you explore scheduling an appointment in our fantastic Behavior Specialty Clinic.
Private training sessions are $125 for a 45 minute session.
All human members of the household are encouraged to attend the training session with the dog.
Private training sessions take place here on the SF SPCA's Mission campus. We do not offer in-home training at this time.
If you'd like to schedule a private training session, please fill out our Private Training Questionnaire, and we will contact you by email within 3 business days to schedule a session.