Living in an apartment building or condo with a dog can add an extra layer of challenge to the important areas of housebreaking, exercise, barking, training, alone-time practice and enrichment.
Join us for a free humans-only seminar covering:
- The basics of how dogs learn, and how stress in dogs can affect their behavior
- Understanding your dog's temperament and how to adjust apartment routines to ease stress
- Strategies for dog guardians living in apartments to work togther to help make interactions less stressful for both dogs and humans
- Management strategies to help reduce stress during common apartment building interactions
Specific skills taught:
- Leash management and basic leash reactivity strategies
- Helpful cues to teach your dog
- How to best manage dog-human and dog-dog interactions
- Protocols for elevators, blind corners, high-rise dog runs, and lobbies
- Identifying why dogs bark and how to address common causes
- Housetraining resources for puppies and recent adoptions
Please leave your pet at home - this is a humans-only seminar. Thanks!
There is no pre-registration required - you may just show up, as we have plenty of space available.
Frequency & Duration: Offered several times per year, 1.5 hours
Location: SF SPCA Mission Campus
Upcoming seminar dates:
There are no sections scheduled at this time. We post sections regularly, so please check again soon!