Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Small Adult Manners 1.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $185 per dog (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $165)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 6 months of age or older and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners 1 class.)
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Wednesdays, April 17 - May 15, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Shoshi: Sorry, registration is now closed.
- Sundays, April 28 - May 26, 5:00 - 6:00 pm with Marie: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Wednesdays, May 8 - June 5, 1:30 - 2:30 pm with Kimberlee: Register now.
- Sundays, May 12 - June 9, 1:45 - 2:45 pm with Lilly: Register now, 2 seats remaining.
- Wednesdays, May 22 - June 26 (skips June 12), 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Shoshi: Register now.