Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Small Adult Manners 1.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $185 per dog (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $165)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 6 months of age or older and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners 1 class.)
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Saturdays, September 22 - October 20, 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Erika: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Sundays, September 23 - October 28 (skips Oct. 21), 12:45 - 1:45 pm with Lilly: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Wednesdays, October 3 - October 31, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Kimberlee: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Tuesdays, October 9 - November 6, 1:30 - 2:30 pm with Steph: Register now.
- Wednesdays, October 17 - November 21 (skips Nov. 7), 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Shoshi: Register now, 4 seats remaining.