Summer Animal Camp
Calling All Kids: Come to the SF SPCA’s Summer of Animal Love!
This summer, the San Francisco SPCA will offer a whole line-up of Summer Animal Camps for kids interested in learning more about animals and the animal welfare community. What better way to spend the summer than making new friends, learning together, playing games, and hanging out with amazing animals who need your help? Kids aren’t the only ones who will have fun; our shelter animals receive much-needed attention and TLC.
Summer Animal Camps utilize experiential and service learning to teach kids how to train and care for animals, be responsible guardians, align their choices with their values, and make our community a safer place for all animals. Our camps promote kindness and compassion for all creatures. The camps celebrate our relationship with animals, with a focus on how we can make them feel safe and comfortable. Students have hands-on learning opportunities and will work with a variety of animals. The SF SPCA is happy to offer this opportunity to mature, respectful young people. We are looking for campers who want to build on their passion for furry friends by learning how to provide a lifetime of love and care for animals. Please review our Summer Animal Camp F.A.Q. for more information.
- Weekly sessions are available for children entering grades 1-8 in the Fall.
- Two different sets of curriculum will be offered for each age group, indicated by RED or BLUE. Campers will be meeting the same animals each week no matter which curriculum they are registered for.
- The Summer Animal Camp RED and BLUE curriculums will more or less repeat each week. Occasionally we have the opportunity to include special guests during certain camp weeks.
- Camp sessions run Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- The fee for each camp session is $400.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM for a flat fee of $75 per child.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants. Please note that each child is eligible to receive financial aid for one (1) session of camp per summer. The deadline for financial aid requests is May 1.
- All campers receive a take-home keepsake, daily afternoon snack, and t-shirt.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
- Please review our Summer Animal Camp F.A.Q. for more information.
How to Register
- Please click on your childs age group below to register.
- Register based on the grade in which your child will enter in the Fall.
- Pre-registration is required, as space is limited.
- You must register each child separately.
- Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
Summer Animal Camp Schedule