Benefit Birthday Parties
Celebrate your birthday and your love of animals at the San Francisco SPCA! Here you will have a great party and help animals at the same time. This is an opportunity for you and your friends to interact with adorable animals, learn about responsible pet care, and discover ways you can contribute to the SF SPCA’s life-saving work! Join us for animal interactions, a gift for the birthday boy or girl, and fun animal-related activities! Each guest also receives a special craft keepsake to take home.
- Parties are available on select Saturdays only from 10:00am-1:00pm OR 3:00pm-6:00pm.
- Parties must be scheduled in advance on available dates (below).
- We are unable to offer Benefit Birthday Parties between June - August.
- Benefit Birthday Parties are recommended for ages 5 and up.
- Maximum party size is 15 children.
- The program fee is $300. A $75 non-refundable deposit is required in advance to secure your preferred party date. The deposit will be applied to the total party contribution.
- Birthday parties include a take-home craft activity, games, and hands-on animal interactions in the first two hours. For the final hour of the party, families are welcome to use the party space to serve cake, snacks, drinks, open gifts, and enjoy other party-related activities.
- Decorations, tablecloths, and party hats are provided.
- Because we are unable to guarantee that puppies will be available, Benefit Birthday Parties include an interaction with cats and kittens exclusively. If puppies or small animals are available, we will include additional animal interactions.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in the party activities.
Saturday, January 11: RESERVED
Saturday, January 18: 10am-1pm OR 3pm-6pm
Saturday, January 25: 10am-1pm OR 3pm-6pm
Saturday, February 1: 10am-1pm
Saturday, February 8: 3pm-6pm
Saturday, March 1: 3pm-6pm
Saturday, March 8: 10am-1pm OR 3pm-6pm
Saturday, March 15: 10am-1pm OR 3pm-6pm
Saturday, March 22: 10am-1pm
Saturday, April 26: 10am-1pm OR 3pm-6pm
Saturday, May 3: 10am-1pm OR 3pm-6pm
How to Reserve a Party Date
- Email us the following information:
- Preferred party date (from list of available dates)
- Preferred party time (10am-1pm, 3pm-6pm, or either)
- Parent name, address, phone number, and email address
- Child name and age
- Expected number of participants
- We would love to design the Benefit Birthday Party to meet your needs, so please share with us any additional information about the birthday boy/girl.
All participants must arrive with a completed Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk - One-Time Humane Education form. Any participants who do not submit a form prior to the program will not be able to interact with any animals during the program.
*Photo credit: Jennifer Jamieson Photography