Maximize every opportunity to socialize and train your puppy during his or her critical learning stage with our bi-weekly puppy class.
This twice a week class covers everything in the traditional puppy manners class and MORE over the course of seven sessions:
- More socialization games to develop your puppy’s confidence and adaptability to city life.
- More play relationship and enrichment games to curb jumping, regulate play biting, and to build focus on you, not life’s distractions.
- More opportunities to develop appropriate play skills with other puppies and to develop a strong foundation recall (come to you out of play).
- More problem-prevention exercises and games so your puppy enjoys handling, restraint, vet visits, nail clipping, etc.
- More problem-prevention exercises and games to curb your puppy’s instinct to protect and not share their resources with you (food, toys, beds).
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour twice a week for seven sessions
Class includes: Handbook and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $220 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group within the last six months, the fee is $185; please show adoption paperwork to receive the discount)
Class capacity: 10
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age by the start of the class (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP vaccinations. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at our Adolescent Manners, Just the Basics, or Just the Small Basics classes.
To register, please click on one of the classes above.
View all Dog Training Classes »