Maximize every opportunity to socialize and train your puppy during his or her critical learning stage with our bi-weekly puppy class.
This twice a week class covers everything in the traditional puppy manners class and MORE:
- More socialization games to develop your puppy’s confidence and adaptability to city life.
- More play relationship and enrichment games to curb jumping, regulate play biting, and to build focus on you, not life’s distractions.
- More opportunities to develop appropriate play skills with other puppies and to develop a strong foundation recall (come to you out of play).
- More problem-prevention exercises and games so your puppy enjoys handling, restraint, vet visits, nail clipping, etc.
- More problem-prevention exercises and games to curb your puppy’s instinct to protect and not share their resources with you (food, toys, beds).
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour twice a week for four weeks
Class includes: Handbook and Certificate of Completion
Fees: $220 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group within the last six months, the fee is $200; please show adoption paperwork to receive the discount)
Class capacity: 10
Location: 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age (no exceptions) and have received their first 2 DHLPP vaccinations. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at our Adolescent Manners, Just the Basics, or Just the Small Basics classes.
- Mondays and Wednesdays, July 9 – August 1, 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Instructor: Brenda, Training Annex) Class cancelled.
To register, please click on one of the classes above.
View all Dog Training Classes »