Puppy Playgroup is a great opportunity for your pup to develop play skills with both you and other puppies in a safe and supervised environment.
- Trainers narrate play and combine puppies who are compatible playmates, monitoring carefully to make sure puppies are learning and having good experiences.
- Periods of play alternate with breaks, where we'll work on building your puppy's focus on you in the face of distractions (such as seeing other dogs playing). This results in a well-mannered adult dog less prone to behavior issues and helps your pup learn self-control.
Come with your puppy and bring his/her vaccination records. No pre-registration is necessary.
Frequency & Duration: A one hour drop-in class for puppies aged 10 to 18 weeks.
Course includes: Supervised play
Fee: $15 per class
Class capacity: 15 puppies maximum. Please arrive early as classes often fill and we cannot accept more than 15 per playgroup.
Location: Multipurpose Training Room, 243 Alabama Street
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 18 weeks of age and have received their first 2 DHLPP vaccinations. Please note: Age limit for playgroup is 18 weeks, but some puppies are ready to graduate early! For pups who get very quickly and highly aroused, playing outdoors with older, more skilled dogs may be a better education for them than a playgroup full of youngsters. If the playgroup setting isn’t ideal for your puppy's education, we may suggest some private training or smaller, quieter groups in other settings.
- Saturday, December 7, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Note: Playgroup will not meet on Saturday, December 28.
- Saturday, January 4, 2014, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 11, 2014, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 18, 2014, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25, 2014, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1, 2014, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 8, 2014, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
View all Dog Training Classes »