Free Spay/Neuter for San Francisco Chihuahuas and Chihuahua Mixes at the SF SPCA
February 1, 2014 – April 30, 2014, the San Francisco SPCA is offering free spay/neuter surgery for Chihuahuas and Chihuahua Mixes. Call 415-554-3000 to make your appointment today.
Top reasons to spay or neuter your dog:
- May increase life expectancy by 1 to 3 years by greatly reducing the risk of cancer
- Curbs the urge to roam, thereby decreasing the risk of contracting diseases or getting hit by a car
- Helps reduce companion animal overpopulation
Call us today at 415-554-3000 to schedule an appointment. Some male dogs may be candidates for a non-surgical sterilization treatment called Zeuterin™. The SF SPCA will have a limited number of free Zeuterin™ appointments available for any breed male dogs on the 20th Annual World Spay Day, February 25th. Call now to see if your dog qualifies and make your appointment.
Find out more about the Zeuterin option.
The following terms and conditions apply to this spay/neuter offer:
- This is a limited time offer.
- Guardian does not need to be a San Francisco resident.
- Offer is available for dogs owned by an individual or household, not those in the custody of any organization.
- Spay/neuter of Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes only. The SF SPCA has sole discretion in determining whether or not any particular dog meets the breed requirement. No other animals qualify for this limited offer. The SF SPCA only performs spay/neuter surgery on healthy animals under seven years old.
- The SF SPCA has a limited number of free spay/neuter appointments available each month. Spay/neuter appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Once all appointments are filled, no additional free spay/neuter appointments will be available.
- Spay/neuter appointment cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled spay/neuter appointment by calling the SF SPCA at 415-554-3000. If the SF SPCA does not receive at least 48 hours advance notice of appointment cancellation, then you will be charged a $28.50 cancellation fee and you will no longer be eligible to schedule a free surgery that is part of this promotion. Missed appointment fees must be paid before the SF SPCA will provide any services to your pet.
- If the doctor recommends necessary additional medical services (such as hernia repair) or if you request elective services (such as flea control products or micro-chipping), then you will be charged for any and all additional services according to SF SPCA regular service rates.
- The SF SPCA reserves the right to refuse to spay/neuter any dog for any reason. The doctor may decide to postpone surgery if your pet has any condition that may complicate surgery. These issues will be discussed during the check-in exam.
- The SF SPCA recommends that your pet be fully vaccinated prior to surgery. If your dog is unvaccinated at the time of surgery, you solely will be liable for contraction of any preventable disease.
We are committed to working toward ending cat and dog overpopulation in our community and beyond. Your support would be greatly appreciated. Please make a donation to help us fund this initiative.
Click here to see our regular rates for spay/neuter surgeries.