Enrich your school or classroom with a visit from The SF SPCA! Our Humane Education program conducts school visits throughout the year, encouraging youth to develop and express attitudes of compassion, kindness, generosity, and respect for all living creatures while helping to build a safer, more compassionate community.
Classroom visits are available Monday through Friday. Programs are FREE for any San Francisco teacher or organization, though donations are encouraged and appreciated!
Dog Talk Program
- Available for grades PreK-8
- Animal: Friendly dogs
- Length: 40-minute interactive presentation
- Program includes topics such as understanding dog behavior, communication and body language, safety issues, meeting a new dog, and dog bite prevention.
- Students receive a coloring and activity book.
Animal Art Program
- This program is temporarily unavailable.
- Available for grades K-12 (most available prior to lunchtime)
- Animal: Soda, a Moluccan Cockatoo
- Length: 60-minute interactive presentation (longer upon request)
- Students learn about life with these sensitive and intelligent birds. Based on Soda’s features and personality, students channel their creative talents through drawings of Soda.
- Presentation includes paper, pencils and markers.
- Please set up the room ahead of time for optimal viewing of Soda.
How to Request a Classroom Visit
Email us the following information:
- The Classroom Visit you are requesting
- At least three preferred dates (one month's notice is required)
- Preferred time of day for program
- Teacher's name, phone number, and email address
- School name and address
- Grade of youth
- Number of youth
*Photo credit: Jennifer Jamieson Photography