School Break & Holiday Animal Camps
School’s back in session! What could be a better way to spend your holidays than making friends, playing outrageous games, and hanging out with amazing animals who need your help? At Animal Camp, you will learn how to train and care for animals, be a responsible animal guardian, and make your community a safer place for pets. But you're not the only one who will have fun…our shelter animals will love some of your attention and TLC.
The SF SPCA is happy to offer this opportunity to mature, respectful young people. We are looking for campers who want to build on their love for furry friends by learning how to provide a lifetime of love and care for companion animals. Our camps promote kindness and compassion for all creatures.
- School Break & Holiday Animal Camps are offered to youth in grades 1-6.
- Program schedules align with both the San Francisco Unified School District schedule and several private and charter schools in San Francisco.
- Camp sessions run from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Tuition for day camps is $90. Tuition for week-long camps is $400.
- Extended Care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM. The flat-fee for Extended Care is $15 for a day camp or $75 for a week-long camp.
- All Animal Camps include animal care and behavior learning activities, team projects, games, crafts, and hands-on interactions with animals such as dogs, cats, rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, chinchillas, birds, and more.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate youth with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many of our activities.
Spring Break Animal Camp I: Monday, March 31 - Friday, April 4 2014
- Spring Break Animal Camp I for grades 1-3: FULL
- Spring Break Animal Camp I for grades 4-6: FULL
Spring Break Animal Camp II: Monday, April 14 - Friday, April 18 2014
- Spring Break Animal Camp II for grades 1-3: FULL
- Spring Break Animal Camp II for grades 4-6: FULL
Please note: The San Francisco SPCA is remodeling its adoption center to meet the current and future needs of our shelter animals and visitors. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-January and complete in Spring of 2014.
During the renovation, the Humane Education department will be affected in terms of scheduling. With the remodel taking place until May of 2014, Martin Luther King Jr. and Presidents' Week Animal Camps will be on hiatus. These programs will resume during the 2014-15 school year.
How to Register
*Photo credit: Jennifer Jamieson Photography