Community Service Saturdays
If you are in grades 6-12, join us behind the scenes at our animal shelter to help care for SF SPCA animals, learn more about responsible pet guardianship, and experience the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
Community Service Saturdays include assisting employees with feeding the animals, cleaning their habitats, and other daily duties at the shelter. This opportunity fulfills school or club community service requirements.
- Programs are held on select Saturdays from 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
- The Humane Education entrance is located at 243 Alabama Street . This is where both drop-off and pick-up of youth volunteers will take place. Please plan to arrive on time.
- Appropriate attire for Community Service Saturday includes closed-toe shoes with rubber soles, pants, and a t-shirt.
- All participants should bring a lunch.
- The program fee is $50 per volunteer.
- Participants must be in grades 6-12.
- Participants are expected to be on time and volunteer for the entire shift.
- Participants should demonstrate eagerness to help with animal shelter and care duties, respectfulness to the animals, and the ability to follow instructions.
- Participants need to be able to participate in all of the physical and learning activities involved in the day. Because of staffing limitations, we may not be able to accommodate special individual needs.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate youth with severe allergies to animals as they are involved in many volunteer activities.
- January 5, 2013
- January 12, 2013
- January 19, 2013
- February 2, 2013
- February 9, 2013
- February 16, 2013
- March 2, 2013
- March 9, 2013
- March 16, 2013
- April 6, 2013 FULL
- April 13, 2013 FULL
- April 20, 2013 FULL
- May 4, 2013 FULL
- May 11, 2013 FULL
How to Register